The Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) is a partnership of statutory and non-statutory organisations. It has an Independent Chair (Gill Frame) providing independent leadership to support the Board’s strategic direction.
The Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board exists to ensure that all agencies work together to minimise the risk of abuse and to protect adults at risk effectively when abuse has occurred or may have occurred. The Board is committed to learning from experience and to a process of continuous improvement.
The three core duties of the Board are to:
- publish an annual strategic business plan (PDF 154Kb)
- publish an annual report 2016-2017 (PDF 1.8Mb)
- conduct any safeguarding adult’s reviews in accordance with section 44 of the Care Act 2014 and report on the findings of these reviews in the annual report.
Statutory safeguarding responsibilities arise where there is reasonable cause to suspect that an adult:
- has needs for care and support (whether or not the authority is meeting any of those needs)
- is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect
- as a result of those needs is unable to protect himself or herself against the abuse or neglect, or the risk of it.
The Board is a statutory body under the requirements of the Care Act 2014.
The Stockport Safeguarding Boards Team
Gill Frame: Independent Chair for SSAB and SSCB
Nuala O’Rourke: Head of Safeguarding and Learning for SSAB and SSCB
Lee Woolfe: Business Manager for SSAB
Una Hagan: Business Manager for SSCB
Clare Manock: Business Support Co-ordinator for SSAB and SSCB
Nicole Allen: Business Support Co-ordinator for SSAB and SSCB
You can get in touch with the Stockport Safeguarding Boards Independent Chair by writing to us at:
Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB)
Alternatively you can e-mail us on email@example.com or call us on 0161 474 3590