The Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) is a partnership of statutory and non-statutory organisations. It has an Independent Chair (Gill Frame) providing independent leadership to support the Board’s strategic direction. The Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board exists to ensure that all agencies work together to minimise the risk of abuse and to protect adults at risk effectively when abuse has occurred or may have occurred. The Board is committed to learning from experience and to a process of continuous improvement. The three core duties of the Board are to:
- publish an annual strategic business plan (PDF 154Kb)
- publish an annual report
- conduct any safeguarding adult’s reviews in accordance with section 44 of the Care Act 2014 and report on the findings of these reviews in the annual report.
- has needs for care and support (whether or not the authority is meeting any of those needs)
- is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect
- as a result of those needs is unable to protect himself or herself against the abuse or neglect, or the risk of it.
The Stockport Safeguarding Unit
- Gill Frame: Independent Chair of Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) and Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP)
- Nuala O’Rourke: Head of Safeguarding and Learning for SSAB and SSCP
- Lee Woolfe: Business Manager for SSAB
- Andrew Addis: Business Manager for SSCB
- Dan Rowlands: Training Manager for SSCP
- Clare Manock: Business Support Co-ordinator for SSAB and SSCP