We’re a partnership of statutory and non-statutory organisations, with an Independent Chair providing leadership to support our strategic direction. We’re committed to learning from experience and to a process of continuous improvement.
We make sure that:
- all agencies work together to minimise the risk of abuse
- we protect adults at risk effectively, when abuse has occurred or may have occurred
Statutory safeguarding responsibilities arise where there is reasonable cause to suspect that an adult:
- has needs for care and support, whether or not the council is meeting any of those needs
- is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect
- as a result of those needs is unable to protect himself or herself against the abuse or neglect, or the risk of it
The Board is a statutory body under the requirements of the Care Act 2014.
Our core duties include:
- to publish an annual Strategic Business Plan 2020 – 2023 (PDF 127Kb)
- to publish an annual report
- to conduct safeguarding adult’s reviews in accordance with section 44 of the Care Act 2014 and report on the findings of these reviews in an annual report
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118