Safeguarding Adults Week 2020
This national event takes place annually every November. This year it runs from the 16 to 22 November.
The aim of the week is to raise awareness about safeguarding issues and to reinforce the message that ‘safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility’.
Each day of the week a different safeguarding theme will be promoted:
- Monday – safeguarding and wellbeing
- Tuesday – adult grooming
- Wednesday – understanding legislation
- Thursday – creating safer places
- Friday – organisational abuse
- Saturday – sport and activity
- Sunday – safeguarding in your community
To help you prepare for the event, the Ann Craft Trust have gathered a number of resources for each theme. These resources aim to spark conversations, and to help spread the message on social media.
Download, print and display the National Safeguarding Adults Week Poster. Use the #SafeguardingAdultsWeek hashtag on social media to let us know what you’re doing.
E-bulletin Issue 15 – Special edition for Safeguarding Adults Week (PDF 725Kb)
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118