Stockport Safeguarding and MCA Forum
Are you a Health and Social Care Practitioner/or Care Provider who would like to discuss a safeguarding concern, share good practice or just keep yourself updated on what’s happening in relation to safeguarding children and adult’s locally?
If so, come to our Stockport Safeguarding and MCA Forum held from 2pm to 4pm on the following dates:
- 6 December 2023
- 19 March 2024
- 25 June 2024
- 24 September 2024
- 10 December 2024
The meetings are an opportunity for you to learn more about developments in children and adult safeguarding, network and link with other colleagues working across the borough, and hear and learn about mental capacity act assessments and updates.
Meetings usually take place online through Microsoft Teams.
- Jonathan Burrows, Stockport Safeguarding Adults Partnership Business Manager
- Nicky Chester, Stockport Safeguarding Adults Training Manager
Note: no refreshments will be available so make sure you bring a drink.
Safeguarding/Mental Capacity Act (MCA) Champions
We’re currently looking for nominated Safeguarding/MCA Champions.
As a Safeguarding/MCA champion you’ll be a resource that’s available to key partner organisations. You’ll be someone who has access to the workforce and who is in a position to cascade learning and information across your respective organisation, specifically relating to the safeguarding agenda.
As the successful Champion you’ll:
- have the opportunity to network with likeminded colleagues from other agencies
- have a greater understanding of safeguarding/MCA issues that can be applied to your own role
- gain access to learning events that will integrate within your current role
If this is something that appeals to you or you know of someone who is suitable to fulfil the role, then we would like to hear from you.
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118