Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 (‘the Act’) provides a statutory framework for acting and making decisions on behalf of individuals who lack the mental capacity to do so for themselves. It introduced a number of laws to protect these individuals and to make sure that they are given every chance to make decisions for themselves. The Act came into force in October 2007.
The government has added new provisions to the Act: the deprivation of liberty safeguards. The safeguards focus on some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Make a DoLs application
To make an application for a Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard, or to request a review, email forms 1, 2 or 10 to DoLSreferrals@stockport.gov.uk
- Form 1 standard and urgent request (Word 120Kb)
- Form 2 further authorisation request (Word 113Kb)
- Form 3 BIA combined assessments (PDF 411Kb)
- Form 3A BIA no deprivation (PDF 156Kb)
- Form 4 mental health eligibility capacity assessment (PDF 74Kb)
- Form 5 standard authorisation granted (PDF 57Kb)
- Form 6 standard authorisation not granted (PDF 39Kb)
- Form 7 suspension of standard authorisation (PDF 41kb)
- Form 8 termination of representative (PDF 39Kb)
- Form 9 ceased DoLS (PDF 35Kb)
- Form 10 review request (PDF 69Kb)
- Form 11 IMCA referral (PDF 43Kb)
- Form 12 notification to coroner (PDF 25Kb)
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118