Stockport Adult Safeguarding Partnership would like to invite you to get involved in raising awareness of Adult Abuse during the week of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on Friday 15th June 2018 aims to raise awareness of adult abuse, how to recognise the signs and how to report it.
There are all sorts of way people can get involved in World Elder Abuse Awareness Day and you can be as creative as you like.
- Wearing purple to work • Baking purple cupcakes
- knitting purple items • Planting up purple hanging baskets
- Community groups and care homes could also organise a Coffee morning with purple theme or host a purple tea party
The key part is to ensure your event also raises awareness of adult abuse and the message that abuse should not be tolerated. You can also download further information leaflets below;
- The different types of abuse (PDF 302Kb)
- What happens when you report abuse (PDF 146Kb)
- Deprivation of liberty and you (PDF 499Kb)
- Dignity in care (PDF 2.88Mb)
Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) would love to know what you are planning. Please email email@example.com to let us know. We would also love to see your photos and share them on our website so please send them in too!
We hope you have the opportunity to promote an event and raise awareness of adult abuse across Stockport.