Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) is delighted to announce that we ‘ll be joining other Safeguarding Adults Boards in holding a Safeguarding Week to coincide with the Ann Craft Trust Safeguarding Adults Week.
Working with the Safeguarding Adults Board Manager Network and The University of Nottingham, their aim is to create a time where we can all focus on safeguarding adults – so we can be better, together.
National Safeguarding Adults Week 2019 – key themes
Each day of the week will have a focus on a different safeguarding theme:
- Modern slavery
- Domestic abuse
- Transforming care
- Safeguarding adults in sport and activity
Over the next few weeks Ann Craft Trust will publish resources to help you find out more about the week’s key themes.
How to get involved
Raise awareness of key issues facing adults at risk.
Help us raise awareness. Each day will focus on a different key issue from forced marriage to disability hate crime.
You can help by:
- learning about the key issues from our resources and information
- share the resources within your organisation and to the people you support
- use the #SafeguardingAdultsWeek hashtag on social media to share our resources and let us know what you’re doing.
Run safeguarding events and training
We want to give you the opportunity to focus on safeguarding adults at risk. You can use the National Safeguarding Adults Week to:
- identify key safeguarding issues and share these with your staff and people you support
- run an event or training session in your organisation to get you all up to date on the latest safeguarding news and updates
- understand your responsibilities in safeguarding adults at risk
- take time out to assess your policies and practices
Action for readers:
If you have an idea for an activity during National Safeguarding Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in the first instance.
Let everyone know you’re supporting National Safeguarding Adults Week 2019 and download and print your National Safeguarding Adults Week poster