Adult Safeguarding Reviews
Safeguarding Adults Reviews (SARs) aim to determine what the relevant agencies and individuals involved in a case might have done differently that could have prevented harm or death.
This is so that lessons can be learned from the case and those lessons applied to future cases to prevent similar harm occurring again.
More information can be found in the:
- Serious Adult Review policy (PDF 255Kb)
- Single Agency Health Review (PDF 612Kb)
- Joint SCR SAR Protocol (PDF 1.4Mb)
Complete our Safeguarding Adults Review form (PDF 63Kb) to request a review.
Email your completed referral form to Stockport’s Safeguarding Adults Board Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Statutory guidance for the Care Act outlines the following criteria for a Safeguarding adults review:
- if an adult dies as a result of abuse or neglect, whether known or suspected, and there’s concern that partner agencies could have worked more effectively to protect the adult
- if an adult in its area has not died, but the Safeguarding Adults Board knows or suspects that the adult has experienced serious abuse or neglect and the individual would have been likely to have died but for an intervention
- if an individual has suffered permanent harm or has reduced capacity or quality of life (whether because of physical or psychological effects) as a result of the abuse or neglect
There are currently no safeguarding adult reviews.
Helen – July 2017
This report is about Helen who lived in supported accommodation from where she was admitted to hospital in September 2014 suffering from nausea and persistent vomiting.
Helen stayed in the same hospital until her discharge on 12 January 2015 to a care home for rehabilitation. On 27 January 2015 Helen was readmitted to the hospital because of her deteriorating health. Helen sadly died in hospital on 17 February 2015 aged sixty-one years.
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118