7 minute briefings
7 minute briefings are based on a technique borrowed from the FBI. Learning for seven minutes is manageable in most services, and learning is more memorable as it is simple and not clouded by other issues and pressures.
Their brief duration should also mean that they hold people’s attention, as well as giving managers something to share with their staff. Clearly the briefings will not have all the answers, but it is hoped that they will act as a catalyst to help teams and their managers to reflect on their practice and systems.
The expectation is that team leaders will present briefings to their staff, on a regular basis.
- What to do if you suspect abuse (PDF 409Kb)
- Sexual abuse (PDF 408Kb)e
- Self Neglect (PDF 412Kb)
- Preventing radicalisation (PDF 416Kb)
- Financial Abuse (PDF 410Kb)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) (PDF 426Kb)
- ASC Deprivation of Liberty (PDF 421Kb)
- Pressure Ulcers (PDF 601Kb)
- Emollients and Smoking (PDF 600Kb)
- Honour Based Violence (PDF 907Kb)
- Forced Marriage (PDF 921Kb)
- Guide to MAPPA (PDF 123Kb)