Guidance for conducting Safeguarding Adults Review
If an adult dies, or nearly dies, as a result of abuse or neglect and a safeguarding adults review request is made, the Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) will consider arranging a review of what happened.
The review is to establish whether the organisations that the adult has come into contact with could have done something differently to protect the adult.
The review is not to blame any individual or organisation but promote effective learning and improvement to prevent future deaths or serious harm occurring again, and for agencies to work together to aim towards positive outcomes for the adult and the family involved
Safeguarding adults reviews (SARs) are one of the core responsibilities of the board, as stated in the Care Act 2014, and referred cases will be published in the board’s annual reports.
To support you as a professional or member of the public in making a referral, the Stockport Adults Safeguarding Board have produced a suite of referral documents:
- Joint SCR SAR Protocol (PDF 221Kb)
- Safeguarding Adult Review decision making pathway (PDF 263Kb)
- Safeguarding Adult Review process task list (PDF 364Kb)
- Safeguarding Adult Review referral form (PDF 63Kb)
- Safeguarding Adult Review information for families, friends and carers (PDF 346Kb)
Read all previous Safeguarding Adult Reviews.
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118