Multi Agency Policy for Safeguarding Adults at Risk
The 4th edition of the Multi-Agency Policy for Safeguarding Adults at Risk and Multi-Agency Operational Procedures for responding to and investigating abuse.
Note: whilst authorising the publication of this policy and procedures, we would like to draw your attention to ongoing discussions between the Safeguarding Adults Service and the local Mental Health Trust. This is in regards to the implementation of certain aspects of the procedure.
Until this is fully resolved the small number of services affected by this should continue to follow the locally agreed interim arrangements.
The Safeguarding Adults at Risk Policy (PDF 858Kb) has been designed to make the procedures easy to access and allows you to identify and go to the specific part(s) relevant to your role.
- Part 1 sets out the values and principles of the partnership
- Part 2 details the types and indicators of abuse and identifies all agencies and services who have both a direct or indirect role in preventing, and responding to allegations of, abuse
- Part 3 gives guidance for both professional and non-professionals on how to respond to concerns or disclosures of abuse and how to refer into the multi-agency partnership
- Part 4 provides detailed guidance to designated staff charged with carrying out an adult protection investigation
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118