Safeguarding Adults Week 2020
This national event takes place annually every November. This year it runs from the 16 to 22 November.
The aim of the week is to raise awareness about safeguarding issues and to reinforce the message that ‘safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility’.
Each day of the week a different safeguarding theme will be promoted:
- Monday – safeguarding and wellbeing
- Tuesday – adult grooming
- Wednesday – understanding legislation
- Thursday – creating safer places
- Friday – organisational abuse
- Saturday – sport and activity
- Sunday – safeguarding in your community
To help you prepare for the event, the Ann Craft Trust have gathered a number of resources for each theme. These resources aim to spark conversations, and to help spread the message on social media.
Download, print and display the National Safeguarding Adults Week Poster. Use the #SafeguardingAdultsWeek hashtag on social media to let us know what you’re doing.
E-bulletin Issue 15 – Special edition for Safeguarding Adults Week (PDF 725Kb)
Adult abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it.
- call 999 in an emergency
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
- Out of hours: 0161 718 2118
Annual Conference 2019
Our Joint Annual Conference was held on 29 October 2019 and was well attended by safeguarding leads from across a broad range of organisations that work with both children and adults in Stockport.
Sessions from the day included:
- children and young people – when their parents are coping with dementia
- Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) – the replacement of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and how this can impact children 16 yrs +
- impact of self-neglect on young carers
The Learning and Development Subgroup will now start planning for the 2020 conference. One of the areas that people have also asked to be included is working with trauma. If you’ve any other areas of safeguarding work that you’d like to be considered for inclusion on the agenda, please let us know.